- Synthetic or wool on top and bottom.
- For those new to the sport, warm, synthetic (think polyester/fleece) pajamas work great!
- A fleece/down jacket or vest.
- Pants (if snow pants aren’t insulated).
Jacket & Pants
- Waterproof is essential, rain gear works too, when accompanied by warm layers beneath.
- Warm synthetic or wool socks that reach to at least the middle of the calf.
Gloves or Mittens
- Waterproof, and fit well to cover the wrist.
- Most of the time snow goggles are the most appropriate, but on warm, sunny days, sunglasses are fine as well.
- Helmet’s are not required but highly recommended. Buy one that properly fits your child’s head.