Here are the answers to some often asked questions. You may use the form below to contact us for additional answers.
Where do we meet? The Olympic meeting area is located on the left hand side of ski check, the right hand side of Kehr Chair (Old Big Chief chair). We will have signs just in front of the trees for instructors and a ski school banner.
We operate for 6 CONSECUTIVE weeks.
When do we meet?
We operate for 6 CONSECUTIVE weeks.
- Saturday School ~ Sat Jan. 5th, 2019
- Sunday School ~ Sun Jan. 6th, 2019
- Wednesday Fun Bust ~ Wed Jan. 9th, 2019
- Thursday Fun Bust ~ Thurs. Jan. 10th, 2019
Lesson Times: ALERT…TIMES FOR 2019 Season
- Check In: 9:15, Lessons Start 9:30 (All Day Afternoon Session 12:45)
- Check Out: 11:30, 2:30 (afternoon)
Emergency Cell Phone Numbers at the Mountain
- Mary Germeau: 206-718-1197
- Stacie Sutton: 206-713-9150
If there is room in the class, we can put children of the same discipline together. If they are of different ability levels or age groups, and they request to specifically be together they will both go into the lower group of the two.
If you are a previous student your child will be placed according the instructor they had last year. If you have never been with us then read the descriptions on the website. If it has been a couple years since you could ski at your described level, pick one lower. If you are placed incorrectly the first week we will move you to a more appropriate level for your next lesson.
Olympic snow sports does not rent gear. If you are not purchasing your equipment, we recommend a season rental or lease package. Many outdoor sporting good stores have early season speicals. Use the “Ask a Question” form on this page for specific recommendations.
We cannot guarantee that the weeks of our ski session will occur consecutively. We do agree to furnish all services during the normal snowsport season, Jan. though Mar., or we will return the unused portion of tuition, minus office charge, when requested, within 45 days of the season termination. Mid-season cancellations will be handles on a case by case basis. Each lesson price includes a non-refundable $50 office charge.
- Synthetic or wool on top and bottom.
- For those new to the sport, warm, synthetic (think polyester/fleece) pajamas work great!
- A fleece/down jacket or vest.
- Pants (if snow pants aren’t insulated).
Jacket & Pants
- Waterproof is essential, rain gear works too, when accompanied by warm layers beneath.
- Warm synthetic or wool socks that reach to at least the middle of the calf.
Gloves or Mittens
- Waterproof, and fit well to cover the wrist.
- Most of the time snow goggles are the most appropriate, but on warm, sunny days, sunglasses are fine as well.
- Helmet’s are not required but highly recommended. Buy one that properly fits your child’s head.
Olympic Ski School tradition is to hold our Hawaiian Luau on our sixth Scheduled week. This year those dates are Feb 8th and Feb
- 5% savings if registered and postmarked by Friday, Nov. 9, 2018.
- $50 late fee for lesson registrations after 12/31/18.
- Each lesson price includes a non-refundable $60 office charge.
Everyone gets a “Participation M
NO. The cost of a lift ticket or pass is in addition the the cost of our program.
NO. You will need to purchase or rent your own equipment. To rent or purchase a package we recommend Play It Again Sports, EVO Sports, Eastside Ski and Sport in Woodinville, Westra Sports in Everett, Seattle Ski in Shoreline, Bothell Ski & Bike, and Gerk’s Ski and Cycle in Issaquah.
Online registrations will receive instant receipts by email. Mail-in applications will be processed and confirmed by snail mail. We will contact you if classes are full.
We will be operating for 6 consecutive weeks. This does mean we will work on Martin Luther King Day and Presidents Day weekends.
If you have missed a class due to illness or family emergency you may email and request options for making up the missed class. We cannot accommodate all levels. Make-ups will be allowed on a space-available basis in scheduled group lessons only. You may also schedule private lessons to make up for missed classes (private lesson rates will apply). If you miss the 1st or 2nd week of a beginner program we reserve the right to limit the level of instruction to catch the student up to the class level with private instruction. Rates will apply. We will assess this on a case by case basis.
All class assignments will be posted out front of ski school the first week of lessons. In addition we have supervisors walking around the first week with master lists to assist you with your classes and questions.
Depending races being held at the mountain parking could be an issue. I would always try to be at the mountain at least by 8:45 am. The later you leave the more traffic you will encounter. Leave early as you can if weather is horrible.
Not often. If we were to cancel the cancellation will be posted under on the website and our voice mail will have a message as well. SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING are considered